Friday, January 18, 2008

Looking for a project...

With the bonnet's done, I'm eyeballing some yarn that I picked up the last time my mom was in town. It's soft, lucious, and warm. But... what to do with it?? I'm thinking of some sort of shawl, but don't know whether to knit or crochet it, use both yarns at simultaneously, or work some sort of color pattern.

Lest you think that I've found the Fountain of Time (who really cares about the Fountain of Youth?), this is to keep my hands busy while listening to audio Bible and books for my quiet time in the morning. I hear things much better if my hands are busy, and stumbled across this method of working/listening a while ago. Very Shaker-like: Hands to Work, Hearts to God.

Plus there's something special about having things around the house that I've made while listening to Bible teaching, all I have to do is look at a piece and all the memories of what I learned while working on it come flooding back. I suppose it's kind of like having my kids draw pictures while listening to the books I read aloud for school. When they tell me about the picture, the story we were reading is all woven in, even if the picture wasn't directly from the story. The complexity of the mind is truly a mystery!! Glory to God!

No comments: