Monday, January 7, 2008

Menu Monday

So, we had a couple of surprise events come up last week and so I'm recycling a few of my dinners as we never actually made them. Makes the mental job easier this week!

This week:
Monday -- Potato Soup and Rosemary Bread
Tuesday -- Stir-Fry, Rice, and homemade Egg Rolls
Wednesday -- Tuna Casserole and Salad
Thursday -- Leftover Soup (it's Homelink day)
Friday -- Homemade Pizza

Now, I'm big tuna casserole fan, but I found a recipe that I actually enjoy. It was originally on the back of the egg noodles from Safeway and I discovered it one time while looking for meal ideas, and it has lived in my recipe box ever since. Did you know that recipes on the back of products are almost always fantastic? Who knew? I guess they would want their product to taste good, so it makes sense. Anyway, here's the recipe:

Tuna Casserole
12oz egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 can cream of celery soup (or homemade equivalent)
3/4c milk
1c sour cream
1/4c chopped onion
1/4c chopped celery
1 can peas, drained (or use frozen)
1c cubed cheddar cheese
1 can tuna, drained

Combine soup, milk, and sour cream. Add in veggies, cheese, and tuna. Pour over noodles in pot, stir together, then pour into 3qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle some cheese on top when finished and serve!

No comments: